Sunday, December 14, 2008

Productivity of Blogging

There were many good as well bad things about the blog. The blog did help us reach out to other classmates but from looking at other people’s blog, it seems like the same people responded to the same blog. Perhaps if the groups in class were randomized and the blog entry corresponding to it required you to respond to your new group members’ blogs. This way, you are responding to different individual’s blogs while at the same time extending the class communication outside of class.
In the second goal of the blog which was thinking about the activities we conducted in class, I believe this was reached. I thought more about what I did in class and whatever I didn’t understand, the blog made me look up more info until I find out.
Well the blog did act as an easy 20 percent of our grade. Unfortunately, keeping up with blackboard has always been my problem so knowing due dates kind of gave me trouble. Nonetheless it was a good idea to help people get a better grade as well as learn material they might not have really understood in class. It kind of put less pressure on the exams which allowed a clearer mind to study for and take the exam.
I will probably post just during the breaks or when I have a lot of free time. After a while, I will probably forget that I have this blog. I usually don’t keep up with most of these internet sites.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I agree with you that the blog did not help in reaching out to other people. I believe that many people left comments just because they had to. But i dont think most people had anything very interesting to say. And in most cases, the comments did not further the discussion in any way. I know from experience that the comments i left for others were done more out of necessity rather than actually having anything to say that would benefit or provide useful feedback to the blogger.